PDA

View Full Version : Dm800se hdmi not working on Panasonic tv ....

Jaxo
23-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I got a dm800se sim 2.1 of a friend.. I plugged it in and waited for a boot but nothing happened except a message on the display saying "2nd failed" ... I reakoned my not to tech savvy friend.. (:lol: sorry Mike) had flashed a wrong image/ bootloader so set about fixing it.. In the end I flashed dream elite 3 ssl84b and it booted.. However nothing appeared on the tv.. messed about a bit with different hdmi leads, changing resolution etc etc and still could not get it to work. In the end I plugged in the scart and the picture came, albiet in sd via scart..
I got in touch with my friend and he said that he had this problem on an old LG tv and tried it on his new samsung and it had been ok ever since.. So I grabbed the 22" from the daughters room, plugged in the dreambox and worked first time without any problem.. Im a bit miffed about this one tbh,.. before realizing it work on another tv i had been overloading googles servers looking for a solution,.. one of the things that was mensioned is that sometimes the chinese power packs can be a bit poor and not have the power to power the hdmi output.. I thought this sounded plausable but now im not too sure as it worked on the other tv.. surely its a digital signal so if it works on one it should work on all ? Its not the tv either.,. It is only 2-3 months old and works with everything else,.. sky, xbox etc..

Any ideas about this one lads ?

sly2803
23-02-2012, 08:21 PM
hi m8

try to install that and let me know if help
your problem can be with that: (fallback to DVI when the HDMI EDID was not readable (this fixes some HDMI audio/video problems)

afc007
23-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I got a dm800se sim 2.1 of a friend.. I plugged it in and waited for a boot but nothing happened except a message on the display saying "2nd failed" ... I reakoned my not to tech savvy friend.. (:lol: sorry Mike) had flashed a wrong image/ bootloader so set about fixing it.. In the end I flashed dream elite 3 ssl84b and it booted.. However nothing appeared on the tv.. messed about a bit with different hdmi leads, changing resolution etc etc and still could not get it to work. In the end I plugged in the scart and the picture came, albiet in sd via scart..
I got in touch with my friend and he said that he had this problem on an old LG tv and tried it on his new samsung and it had been ok ever since.. So I grabbed the 22" from the daughters room, plugged in the dreambox and worked first time without any problem.. Im a bit miffed about this one tbh,.. before realizing it work on another tv i had been overloading googles servers looking for a solution,.. one of the things that was mensioned is that sometimes the chinese power packs can be a bit poor and not have the power to power the hdmi output.. I thought this sounded plausable but now im not too sure as it worked on the other tv.. surely its a digital signal so if it works on one it should work on all ? Its not the tv either.,. It is only 2-3 months old and works with everything else,.. sky, xbox etc..

Any ideas about this one lads ?

:think: i have seen this before :lol: well not personally :? but if memory serves me right its a setting with the television and nothing to do with the clone of a clone welsh dreambox ;)

michaelm
23-02-2012, 09:14 PM
i already told my not so bright irish friend about the settings si ;) :lol:

Jaxo
23-02-2012, 09:25 PM
i already told my not so bright irish friend about the settings si ;) :lol:

Leave dave out of it m8 ;)

:lol:

wiz569
23-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Your probably more Irish then him mick :lol:

Jaxo
23-02-2012, 10:17 PM
still getting nowhere with this. working on samsung,. not on panasonic viera.

michaelm
23-02-2012, 10:52 PM
them pannys are not as good as they used to be :lol:

afc007
23-02-2012, 11:22 PM
i guess you have tried the obvious have a scart connected and hdmi this way if hdmi has switched out on the sat box scart will / should work and allow you to skip through the dm's menu for video ??

Jaxo
23-02-2012, 11:31 PM
yeah m8,. have tried all this,. scart is fine,. can access menus and have tried all setting and a load of different images.. puzzled tbh :?