PDA

View Full Version : medialink black panther help

mrmacca
02-07-2011, 08:11 PM
hi all ,
i just purchased the above box and have set it up with cccam and also put my details in , now i am getting astra 19.2 and astra 28.2 but i cannot scan anything else in , no other sats give me what i use to have on the eagle box , do i need to updat transponder list , if so how do i go about this , all help is much appreciated with this problem
many thanks

afc007
02-07-2011, 08:16 PM
hi all ,
i just purchased the above box and have set it up with cccam and also put my details in , now i am getting astra 19.2 and astra 28.2 but i cannot scan anything else in , no other sats give me what i use to have on the eagle box , do i need to updat transponder list , if so how do i go about this , all help is much appreciated with this problem
many thanks

is the box an open source linux like your eagle ??
if so have you set up correctly whether your using motorised system with usals etc or fixed dish or switch similar to the Eagle ...

mrmacca
02-07-2011, 08:27 PM
hi all ,
many thanks

is the box an open source linux like your eagle ??
if so have you set up correctly whether your using motorised system with usals etc or fixed dish or switch similar to the Eagle ...

hi ,
no its not linux , it scans 19e and 28e no probs , says its scanning other sats but they all seem to be sly , have it set on diseqc with motorised system , can manually move to a sat and get a good signal but when i scan 9im not getting all what i use to and they all seem to be the same chans as sly not my sport italia chans etc .
thanks
dave

afc007
03-07-2011, 12:59 PM
hi ,
no its not linux , it scans 19e and 28e no probs , says its scanning other sats but they all seem to be sly , have it set on diseqc with motorised system , can manually move to a sat and get a good signal but when i scan 9im not getting all what i use to and they all seem to be the same chans as sly not my sport italia chans etc .
thanks
dave

that statement surgests to me that your dish has not moved :?
when you have turned it or the reciever states it is at another satellite can you see for sure the dish has moved if so start a scan again look to see if the dish has remained in the same position or has returned to 28 East and sky uk.

mrmacca
03-07-2011, 02:16 PM
hi ,
thanks
dave

that statement surgests to me that your dish has not moved :?
when you have turned it or the reciever states it is at another satellite can you see for sure the dish has moved if so start a scan again look to see if the dish has remained in the same position or has returned to 28 East and sky uk.

hi mate ,
dish is moving , i just checked by using diseqc motor , but it wont lock onto a sat , doesnt seem to find anything except 19e 28e and 13e , will keep trying but any suggestions much appreciated .
dave

mrmacca
03-07-2011, 07:08 PM
right i can move the dish by diseqc control and find sats , but when i want to change over to another sat and press the chan it just comes up no or bad signal and the dish doesnt move ????????????????? help its cracking me up.

afc007
03-07-2011, 08:16 PM
been looking for some info on this box, but there is very little,
i guess once you have found a sat using diseqc control you are storing each satellite ???
is diseqc the only means to turn the dish or does it support usals ??
im afraid im not much help but im totally unfamiliar to this box and how its setup, your next bit of fun is setting up cccam as well but at least various threads around the net help with that

mrmacca
03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
been looking for some info on this box, but there is very little,
i guess once you have found a sat using diseqc control you are storing each satellite ???
is diseqc the only means to turn the dish or does it support usals ??
im afraid im not much help but im totally unfamiliar to this box and how its setup, your next bit of fun is setting up cccam as well but at least various threads around the net help with that
hi ,
can use usals , did try it but when i input lat and long then pressed goto the dish didnt move , im storing the sats when i find them , just wont turn to a sat when i want it to , also cccam was the easy part that is already on the box its cccam ready , ah well the adventure continues.
cheers
dave

mrmacca
04-07-2011, 02:11 PM
have been to local sat shop and have been told that the image i have on isnt diseqc compatible i have to put another image on , i have tried all images that are on the box but still no luck so i now have to try and find a site that has a image for this box

afc007
04-07-2011, 04:31 PM
have been to local sat shop and have been told that the image i have on isnt diseqc compatible i have to put another image on , i have tried all images that are on the box but still no luck so i now have to try and find a site that has a image for this box

well im glad you got an answer of sort did not the sat shop give you any idea what the image is called ?? strange the image you have is not diseqc compat as you box turned the dish etc :?

mrmacca
04-07-2011, 05:00 PM

well im glad you got an answer of sort did not the sat shop give you any idea what the image is called ?? strange the image you have is not diseqc compat as you box turned the dish etc :?

no as he said that the medialink black panther dont have very good software , i have downloaded and installed images from the box but still no luck , my eagle box wont even change over now so i deffo think its the motor , will try and get one off ebay as the bloke i seen wanted 70 and dont want to be spending that if its not the motor , but ive tried everything else and still no luck , will let you know how i get on.
dave

mrmacca
06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
it was the motor , got hold of one from ebay and everything working fine now

afc007
06-07-2011, 08:10 PM
it was the motor , got hold of one from ebay and everything working fine now

:clap: :clap: :clap: well done m8 you had me scouring the net trying to find answers for you :lol: glad you have it all sorted out, if any one else gets one of these boxes i will point them towards you :lol: :lol: